Wednesday 25 February 2009

Musical

So yesterday, I decided to try out for this year's combined schools production. This year we're going to be performing a musical I had never heard of before last fortnight. it's called 'Joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat." So obviously, I was a little apprehensive at the idea of auditioning for a musical I'd never heard of. However, a certain few people (Emily, Ashleigh, Becca...) decided on my behalf that I would audition. So, to try and weedle my way out of it, I told Becca that the only way I would be auditioning for any role in this musical would be if she auditioned for a lead role. I was sure she would decline the offer, and leave me to be, but I was wrong. She accepted, on the condition that I would audition for a lead with her. Which I really didn't want to do. Nonetheless, I found my audition piece on youtube, (called 'Jacob and Sons') and learned the lyrics.

When the 'big day' came along, we took the bus to Stockland (my biggest fear), got something to eat, and walked to Iggy park. The combinaion of going into Stockland and sitting across from some creepy people whom were making out on the bus had me a little nervous, but I ridded myself of all nerves with my KFC. Fast food fixes everything. =]
Once we got to the school, and had settled down in their drama room, we learned some song that's name has currenly escaped me. But it was cool. I like singing.

We then were divided into groups of five, and we had to sing that particular song in those groups to the 'judges'. Ours sucked. I couldn't remember half the words. lol

We then went and did our solo audition. This was the 'Jacob and Sons' one. The chorus to this song is quite high pitched. So it was quite difficult to sing. I could just reach the highest note.
We sang it through as a group a few times, and then we had to perform solo. Becca freaked at this point. So I held her hand. haha

She then came to her senses and told me to stop touching her. I breathed a sigh of relief, and then ran to wash the cooties off my hands. (not really)

I listened to a few of the girls sing before us. A lot of them had really good, strong voices, but they just couldn't keep the strength in the high note. Becca then decided she was going in. She sung softly, but nicely. She was under the impression that she screwed up really bad, but I didn't think so. I think that just her doing this and going out of her comfort zone marked her as a winner. I was quite proud of her. =]

After she'd gone, I went in. I decided that I didn't care any more, and I'd just go for it. And so I did. I think I did allright, although I mucked up part of the chrous...lol

The strange part was, I felt more nervous after I'd performed than I did in the first place... lol
But all in all, I was glad I did it.

We find out today if we've been called back in for a second audition.

In other news, I am going to work tonight. Eww, grease...
But hey, it earns me money!

E.Jxx

2 comments:

Gwynevere said...

good on you for trying out for the musical this year!!!!

This was funny..........
"She then came to her senses and told me to stop touching her. I breathed a sigh of relief, and then ran to wash the cooties off my hands. (not really)"

Hope to read your next blog soon

E.J said...

Commentssss!
lol, I shall blog now.
Cos it's saturday, and I have nothing better to do...except my English assignment...haha